CLOSED - 1.3.0: What feature do you want the most?

If you have any feature requests or suggested changes to the RPG Wizard software post them here.

What feature do you want the most?

Mobile engine support, play and export your games to Android and iOS touch devices.
25%
Ability to undo/redo changes in the Board editor.
No votes
Cross-Platform editor packages for Ubuntu Linux and Mac OSX.
No votes
Code completion and error hinting for the Code editor.
No votes
Board vector shape tools for squares, rectangles, and triangles.
50%
Eight way directional movement for characters.
25%
Youtube tutorial series on how to create a game in with the RPGWizard.
No votes

Total votes: 4

swordmaster
Site Admin

CLOSED - 1.3.0: What feature do you want the most?

Post by swordmaster » Sat May 27, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi guys,

Please cast your vote on what feature you would like to see next or suggest something not listed here for consideration.

swordmaster

Grindalf

Re: What feature do you want the most?

Post by Grindalf » Sun May 28, 2017 5:36 pm

So many of those are needed but I'm going to go with 8 directional movement as the first thing.
The board editor undo feature is important but I can just redo tiles to sort that out when needed.

rpggamer17

Post by rpggamer17 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:25 am

I'm going for the board vector tools. They should be somewhat easy to add and hopefully snap to the grid.

swordmaster
Site Admin

Post by swordmaster » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:38 pm

Hi rpggamer17, good to see you found you're way here :P I thought we'd lost you after http://toolkitzone.net ended.

Thanks for voting, I'll be looking to get an early release of the software out this week for people to try out! So be sure to check back!

rpggamer17

Post by rpggamer17 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:51 pm

My requests is just an expansion of the API.
getSpriteLocation, getSpriteType, maybe getTileDimensions?
than a setSprite function. I'm not sure how you'd get that to work.

I've managed to make a getSpriteLocation function using this line:
var entity = rpgwizard.craftyBoard.board.sprites[spriteId];
then making an object and returning the entities .x,.y,.layer variables
I'm ready to work on AI and revamp my stat system.

I can make the rest as well (except setSprite, I'm not sure how they get added) but best to have them in the api for new people.
After that it's the 8 directional movement and a way to set the keys that allow movement.
Multi-characters might take a bit of work.

swordmaster
Site Admin

Post by swordmaster » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:17 pm

Yes, I would look to add all of the functions you have requested. I actually need most of them for my own game so they'll be sure to appear in version 1.1.0.

A getSpriteLocation function would work basically the way you've coded around it, there is a little bit of work for me to do for adding sprites to boards dynamically but not much.

P.S.

My future plan for movement controls will be to provide a means for you to override the default control scheme completely by writing your own Javascript file in its place. You'll be able to set it in the editor, so on engine load it will use it instead of the built-in ones. I would see that coming in a post version 1.1.0 release.

rpggamer17

Post by rpggamer17 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:35 pm

swordmaster wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:17 pm
P.S.

My future plan for movement controls will be to provide a means for you to override the default control scheme completely by writing your own Javascript file in its place. You'll be able to set it in the editor, so on engine load it will use it instead of the built-in ones. I would see that coming in a post version 1.1.0 release.
This might make platformers a possibility. All you'd have to do is make a runtime 'physics' program and that would be about it really.

Ethael

Post by Ethael » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:17 pm

Hi,
I voted for the mobile export. Only 4 guys had voted, and everyone has an other vote. Therefore my question: What will you develop ? ;)
Android/iOS exporter's would be nice. I used RPG Maker MV before, but the problem of this "rpg maker" is the problem with the android sdk, i only tested android because i don't have an apple device anymore - and, of course, the RPG Maker has a terrible in game resolution.
And i have a question: Does the created game in RPGWizard (html) support the intel xdk for mobile rpg's? Thanks in advance.

swordmaster
Site Admin

Post by swordmaster » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:17 am

Hi Ethael and welcome to the RPGWizard! Well I have since added 8 way movement and code completion, so really it will be between the vector shape tools and mobile engine support. I can't seem to update the poll unfortunately I'll have to find a way to do that :P

I'm not familiar with intel xdk but I'll look it up later today and get back to you on that one!

I hope you enjoy your time with the RPGWizard and if you want to reach out to the me or the community the quickest way to do that is via the Discord channel. It's where we post most of our stuff at the moment. Here's the invite link:

https://discord.gg/tFfngEv

EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:24 am

Maybe Tile at put non program, but at windows copy paste, and program should read them...