CLOSED - Board image request

If you have any feature requests or suggested changes to the RPG Wizard software post them here.
Grindalf

CLOSED - Board image request

Post by Grindalf » Sun May 28, 2017 7:25 pm

I would love to see background and foreground images for boards
That way a person can use a pregenerated background image for the whole board rather than tiles(think anders quest, of rage and war, heraldry freia)
A foreground image would then go over the top so the player walks under it

swordmaster
Site Admin

Re: Board image request

Post by swordmaster » Sun May 28, 2017 8:59 pm

Are we talking about something like this from Link to the Past for the foreground images:

Also could you post an example image of what the pregenerated background image looked like for those other games?

Grindalf

Post by Grindalf » Sun May 28, 2017 9:22 pm

That would be a nice way to use foreground images. but I was thinking more like level parts.
Here is a mock up I made a couple of weeks ago using a MagicaVoxel image.
With foreground images I was thinking for instance that you could cut out the trees and have them as foreground so you can walk under them
I will try and find some images of the old TK titles but I think with TKZ down they are lost forever.

Edit:
Found a shot of heraldry frieja
That's a screenshot of the Toolkit game Heraldry Frieja. You can see Khin is using Background images for his boards instead of tiles

swordmaster
Site Admin

Post by swordmaster » Mon May 29, 2017 8:42 pm

Ahhh I understand what you are getting at now, man Heraldry Frieja there is a game I haven't heard mentioned in a loooong time. I remember when Khin tried to resurrected the TK with 3.2.0 just to continue making it :shock:

I think the best way to achieve what you would want is to add the ability to set an image on a per layer basis. That way certain parts would be above the player such as the trees. I really like the way it was being used in Heraldry Frieja so I'll definitely put it on the list of features to add.

Grindalf

Post by Grindalf » Mon May 29, 2017 8:56 pm

That's good to hear.
I love this feature because it can really make games feel so different.

EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:19 am

Background image. Hmm, i used make them one program, which are desinged really at just make chartres walking...
Yeah, just for that rpgtoolkit 3...