Goblin Glory

Let the community know what your working on and get some feedback.
DFroGGotten1

Goblin Glory

Post by DFroGGotten1 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:44 pm

For now, this will just be a bit of a placeholder. But I will include concept art and the lot until I can develop the game as I meant for it.

Premise
We all know that heroes are portrayed as noble men and women who fight off monsters and demons who threaten kingdoms and its people. They are humans, dwarves, elves, and others of civilized races and cultures.
But what if there was a need of change from the stereotypical hero. What if the heroes that the land need were from a race and culture that was disrespected and uncivilized, a race like goblins.
Goblin Glory is that sort of story. A small group of goblins is chosen secretly by a goddess in need of heroes, but because belief in her has faded, she had to reach out to the closest race to her sanctuary. To that point, Goregreen Grotto is home to many goblins, and her pleas for help have reached the dreams of four young goblins; Drenix Snotflinger, Sk'Nini Wartscar, Grotz Pusbottom, and K'Rona Festersore. They will learn of what will happen if nothing is done, and must venture to find the Emblems that will open the way to save the goddess and seal the darkness that threatens the existence of all of the world. They will meet many allies, including a magical slime who can talk, an ettin who fights with itself daily, an arachne girl who seeks lost knowledge, a swamp hag who was cursed by a undead witch, and more. They will face enemies, such as the guardians of the seals, a duo who hunts dragons, an ancient statue of a long-dead beast, and even the clockwork representations of the seven vices. They will also face harsh environments, cruel warriors of civilized races, and even inner dilemmas of their own.

Planned Features
  • Unique Side-Battle system with 'timed attacks' as well as a 'choose combatant order', where the decisions you make can mean everything between victory and defeat.
  • Boards are unique images, some with 'revealing' areas upon entering.
  • Enemies are visually present in non-safe areas, and have senses (visual, audio, etc) that may alert them to the goblin's presence.
  • Abilities that can work in the field, either passively or actively triggered, depending on the party's leader.
  • 'Friendship Bracelet' allows for swapping out 'friend' party members you meet during the game (One friend allowed in the party at any time)
  • 'Conjurds', the summoned beings used for combat, can be communed with in certain areas for hints or can even lead you to secrets.
More to come later
Last edited by DFroGGotten1 on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"People fear the unknown, but they also fear obtaining the knowledge to understand it, for understanding the unknown means learning forsaken truths"

DFroGGotten1

Re: Goblin Glory

Post by DFroGGotten1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:58 am

Sample Magic List
Lasair - Deals minor fire damage. Deals more damage in hot deserts and near fire-aspected spires.
Oighir - Deals minor frost damage. Deals more damage in cold tundra /snow and near water-aspected spires.
Tintreach - Deals minor lightning damage. Deals more damage in stony mountains and near earth-aspected spires.
Gaoth - Deals minor wind damage. Deals more damage in open flatlands/forest and near wind-aspected spires.
Tubaiste - Deals minor unaspected magic damage. Deals more damage in old dungeons and near empowered spires.
Sár Loinnir - Deals moderate holy damage. Has all enemies in old sanctuaries and near light-aspected spires.
Mór Scáth - Deals major dark damage. Deals more damage and hits all enemies in graveyards and near shadow-aspected spires.
Leigheas - Heals a small amount of HP. Recovers more in safe areas.

Spires
Spires are incredibly large crystals filled with nigh-limitless magic energy. While they can't be tapped for magic directly (May the God of Knowledge take that poor mage's soul), they can affect the power and/or area of a spell cast within range of their influence. However, spires are never set to one specific magic or element. They react to magic and creatures. The more creatures in tuned to fire and the more often fire magic is cast, the stronger the effect it has on the spire, and the more likely it becomes 'fire-aspected'. Civilized and Uncivilized magic-users alike have learn to take advantage of a spire's influence for this reason.
"People fear the unknown, but they also fear obtaining the knowledge to understand it, for understanding the unknown means learning forsaken truths"

swordmaster
Site Admin

Post by swordmaster » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:21 pm

Sounding awesome man! Can't wait to see some artwork especially of the board images you intend to use. I also like the idea of the "timed attacks" in the battle system, is this similar to the idea that you have a certain amount of time to react before the enemy will start attacking you? Kind of a like a semi-turn based battle system from Final Fantasy III/VI?

DFroGGotten1

Post by DFroGGotten1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:18 am

I also like the idea of the "timed attacks" in the battle system, is this similar to the idea that you have a certain amount of time to react before the enemy will start attacking you? Kind of a like a semi-turn based battle system from Final Fantasy III/VI?
No, by 'timed attack', I refer to what was used in Super Mario RPG on SNES, as well as Legend of Dragoon. Timed button presses at the right points in time/frame animation to deal more damage. The combat system I have planned is unique, as you can choose the order of all combatants, but you can only choose the PCs actions. This adds a strategy to planning how the attacks go. Sure, you could attack a single tough monster all at once before it goes, but it could trigger a certain ability that would leave your team dead or dying, and maybe stunned to insure death.

DFroGGotten1

Post by DFroGGotten1 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:00 pm

Character Profile(Images to come later)

DRENIX SNOTFLINGER
The Main Hero, the Goblin Smasher. Born to the goblin hero, Marnax of the Heavy Maul, and his wife, Gervell. Older brother of Flimpi, only daughter of Marnax and Gervell. Being born to a hero, his aspiration to be much like his father is high, and highly supported by his childhood friends Sk'Nini and Grotz. Before the Trial of Goblin Glory, Drenix has strange dreams of a smaller ball of light colliding against a far larger orb made of shadowy energy, with the plea 'Hero of Burning Courage, come! The Darkening Void is attempting to swallow the Light of Life. If it succeeds, the world you know will fall to despair, and will vanish from existence. Hurry!'
(more to come)

swordmaster
Site Admin

Post by swordmaster » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:26 pm

Love the name of that character! Snotflinger haha :lol: Can see some interesting special abilities *flings snot*

Can't wait to see some artwork for this :P

DFroGGotten1

Post by DFroGGotten1 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:57 am

swordmaster wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:26 pm
Love the name of that character! Snotflinger haha :lol: Can see some interesting special abilities *flings snot*

Can't wait to see some artwork for this :P
Well, the goblins in my world have such names. Sk'Nini Wartscar, Grotz Pusbottom, K'rona Festersore, Zizidezi Fungalface; It's all like that. One of my friends created a Goblin for a campaign I made (which this is somewhat based on) named Ginny Rotgut, who was a booze-guzzlin', bar-brawlin', slur-spittin', bitch that carried a keg with her everywhere, and even used it as a weapon.

graham

Post by graham » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:56 pm

Pretty cool name!
I really like those new ladbrokes codes. There's something special about them. It's all about Egyptian culture, which I like. Yeah, it's a perfect place for gambling enthusiasts.