We all know that heroes are portrayed as noble men and women who fight off monsters and demons who threaten kingdoms and its people. They are humans, dwarves, elves, and others of civilized races and cultures.
But what if there was a need of change from the stereotypical hero. What if the heroes that the land need were from a race and culture that was disrespected and uncivilized, a race like goblins.
Goblin Glory is that sort of story. A small group of goblins is chosen secretly by a goddess in need of heroes, but because belief in her has faded, she had to reach out to the closest race to her sanctuary. To that point, Goregreen Grotto is home to many goblins, and her pleas for help have reached the dreams of four young goblins; Drenix Snotflinger, Sk'Nini Wartscar, Grotz Pusbottom, and K'Rona Festersore. They will learn of what will happen if nothing is done, and must venture to find the Emblems that will open the way to save the goddess and seal the darkness that threatens the existence of all of the world. They will meet many allies, including a magical slime who can talk, an ettin who fights with itself daily, an arachne girl who seeks lost knowledge, a swamp hag who was cursed by a undead witch, and more. They will face enemies, such as the guardians of the seals, a duo who hunts dragons, an ancient statue of a long-dead beast, and even the clockwork representations of the seven vices. They will also face harsh environments, cruel warriors of civilized races, and even inner dilemmas of their own.
- Unique Side-Battle system with 'timed attacks' as well as a 'choose combatant order', where the decisions you make can mean everything between victory and defeat.
- Boards are unique images, some with 'revealing' areas upon entering.
- Enemies are visually present in non-safe areas, and have senses (visual, audio, etc) that may alert them to the goblin's presence.
- Abilities that can work in the field, either passively or actively triggered, depending on the party's leader.
- 'Friendship Bracelet' allows for swapping out 'friend' party members you meet during the game (One friend allowed in the party at any time)
- 'Conjurds', the summoned beings used for combat, can be communed with in certain areas for hints or can even lead you to secrets.